San Antonio Film Permit Guidelines and Application
- A NOT required for productions:
- On public property for newsgathering purposes.
- On private property, both residential and commercial.
- A Film/Photography permit is required for any drone film/photography activity that is over city-owned property, including streets and sidewalks.
- A Film/Photography permit does not reserve any location. Productions must contact and arrange with each location; we do not reserve locations on production's behalf.
- If filming/photographing at multiple locations, each location must be listed as a separate "Shoot". Locations may not be grouped together even if they are similiar. For instance, "City of San Antonio Parks" is not an acceptable Location as each park (i.e., Brackenridge Park, Phil Hardberger Park, Milam Park, etc.) needs to be listed as a separate "Shoot" with corresponding details.
A Film/Photography permit is required for any drone film/photography activity that is over city-owned property, including streets and sidewalks. The applicaion should be submitted through FilmApp (this site) for review. All of the above requirements still apply.
Drones are not permitted over the Riverwalk.
For more information on drone use, please contact: Federal Aviation Administration - Southwest Region.
The following locations are not covered by the City of San Antonio Film Permit and need seperate approvals through the following contacts/forms: